Sunday, September 13, 2009

My first trip to the ZOO!

Saturday, September 12, 2009 I had my first trip to the zoo! Not only was it my first trip to the zoo, but it was also my first time on the metro (it was also daddy and Aunt Birtt's first time on the metro as well)! Mommy, daddy, Aunt Britt and I went and picked up MiMi at her house at about 12:00pm and headed to the metro. Here are a couple pictures that mommy took on the metro. Daddy and I look a little nervous, huh?
MiMi and I
Aunt Britt
When we got off the metro we walked a couple blocks to get to the zoo. As soon as we got there we met up with Uncle David, Aunt Sarah, and Aunt Marilyn (Aunt Sarah's mom). First we got something to eat (because we were all starving!) then it was off to see the animals!!
Aunt Marilyn, Aunt Sarah, and I posing for the cameras after lunch.
The Panda Bear.
That was called the Red Panda.
There's the Leopard.
That's the baby Leopard sleeping by the rock and the tree branch.
The Elephant getting a drink of water.
Believe it or not that was a baby!!!
Aunt Sarah and I were amazed with this big "baby"!!
There's the Hippopotamus.
The Hippo opened his mouth REALLY WIDE to get a "snack". I couldn't believe how big his mouth was and I couldn't stop watching him!!
That was a crazy HYPER little monkey jumping from branch to branch!
Aunt Sarah showing me, daddy, Uncle David, and Aunt Britt that crazy monkey.

Aunt Sarah giving me a closer look!! The little monkey was right at the glass watching me and I wanted to grab it and play!
That's the momma and the baby Gorilla.
Momma was sleepy and the baby had LOTS of energy! (I think that sounds familiar!)
Still sleeping!
But Momma perked right up as soon as another Gorilla came close!! She said don't mess with my baby!!
Since the other Gorilla wouldn't leave them alone, momma took the baby over to other side and sat on the swing (or bed or something).




Here's a video of the other 2 Gorillas fighting. It was so cool! the little on kept chasing the bigger one!
Here's the Orangutans. Man they have some LONG arms!
BIG KITTY!!!
Tiger's are so cool!!
This tiger was pacing from door to door. One of the zoo workers say it was dinner time!

The Lion was hungry too!! There's a picture of him licking his lips!
And then he starts pacing just like the tiger!



Lions are also a cool animal.

Here we were at the petting zoo.
I never seen a Cow up this close!!
Here are some Alpacas. These things are SILLY!
HEYYYY!
After this picture this one tried to get me!! I thought it was funny!!
There's the Zebras. Mommy couldn't get a good picture of them but they were neat though!
There's the Cheetahs!
That kitty looks like he can run FAST!
When we were about to leave MiMi stopped by the gift shop and bought me my very own Leopard that I could take home!!

The zoo was soooo cool!! For everyone reading my blog with kids, I recommend you take your kids! The look on there faces when they see all those cool animals will be priceless! And they will have a BLAST! I DID!!! I can't wait to go back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment